Greece has been deliberately bankrupted and is now the poor man of Europe – an warning to the other countries and an excuse for greater integration.
- Banks pay for election candidates to get elected.
- One of them gets elected. The prime minister (president, premier, etc.) is now in temporary control of their country.
- Bank blackmails and/or threatens and/or bribes the prime minister (president, premier, etc.) to take out on loans (= principal + interest) using his/her county’s assets as collateral. The people are happy – there’s jobs, infrastructure, £s in your pocket to buy shiny things.
- These loans have (or not) to be paid back by the populace, not the prime minister.
- Later, another election.
- Go back to beginning.
- Eventually the country can’t even afford the interest payment on these debts.
- Time to call in the bailiffs.
- Country’s assets are stripped.
- Live miserably ever after.