Everyday, Mumbai’s dabbawalas (http://www.mumbaidabbawala.org/) collect and transport 200,000 lunches from workers’ house and to their workplace – within 3 hours. Success rate: 99,9999%. All with a simple work ethic and minimal administration.
- Error Rate: 1 in 16 million transactions.
- Technological backup: Nil.
- Cost of service – Rs.300/month ($6.00/month).
- Standard price for all (weight, distance, space).
- “No strike” record as each one a share holder.
- Zero fuel.
- Zero investment.
- Zero dispute.
- 100% customer satisfaction.
This is how the free market economy really should work..