” This complaint form to HMP Cardiff is one way in which Maurice J Kirk, a veterinary surgeon and pilot, expresses what he has been experiencing since he was arrested on September 21st and imprisoned.
Six weeks later, he still has not been told in writing what he is in prison for and when his release date might be.
Hence he is on hunger strike and gives his latest reasons here. I am on hunger strike because
- Court and Prison continue to refuse to disclose written record of WHY I am in prison and with which release date.
- Crown Court have denied me my right for a fair bail application because CPS refuse to put in writing what I was sent to prison for, my release date and why Police oppose bail when CPS did not on 23rd September. It was the District Judge who decided I be detained for political reasons only.
- I am not getting proper medical treatment promised.
- As a prisoner I am continuing to be denied by basic human rights on the prison’s excuse that I am the only prisoner not represented on the wing by a lawyer, i.e. LIP (Litigant in Person) blackmail.
Besides attending Cardiff Magistrates Court on November 10th at 10am, suggestions for supporting Maurice are here.
When I met Maurice, I was going to get him into the Guiness Book of Records – mainly for his number of successful court cases, but there were many other priorities. Now I know better than ever:
- just like Norman Scarth, he is a political prisoner
- and South Wales Police, just like Haringey Council, rather pile crime upon crime to cover up instead of admitting to mistakes
- in the absence of justice, only publicity can help. “